Whether you call Gisborne home or a planning a visit, check out these ten ideas for family fun in this friendly township.
1. Gisborne Botanical Gardens: Pack the pram, bikes or scooters and take the pretty path over the bridge, along the creek and past the park for some fresh air fun.
2. Gisborne Adventure Playground: There is something at this park for children of any age. Whether you have a kick of the footy or soccer ball on the grass, play on the swings and slides or take the littlies into the gated area, it is loads of fun. There are tables for picnics or lush grass to sit on if you prefer.
3. Gisborne Skate Park: You may like to bike, walk or scoot from the Botanical Gardens to the skate park or simply drive straight there. Kids of all ages will love trying their hand at the different ramps and jumps.
4. Gisborne Village Shopping Centre: My kids loves checking out the ‘Lolly Shop’ and the Super Bargains store, and grabbing a donut from Gis Donuts in the Gisborne Village Shopping Centre. They do great coffee too! The Shopping Centre always has something happening during the holidays for kids, if you are looking for something to do.
5. Gisborne Library: Visit for storytime or one of their special upcoming events. Follow Macedon Ranges Libraries on Facebook to keep up to date with what’s on. Regardless, it is still a lovely place to peruse the titles and maybe read a picture book in the sun in the outdoor area.
6. 3 Little Pigs: Have a lunch at the fave cafe of Gisborne families. There is a kids’ play pen and delicious food for young and old alike. Don’t forget you can use your Shop Local Initiative Keyring here to upsize your coffee for free – we know most parents will appreciate that!
7. Myths and Legends: A few doors up is Myths and Legends (aka ‘The Fairy Shop’ for many) which is a beautiful store full of magical treasures to browse.
8. Gisborne Golf Club: Book in a Kangaroo Tour or just head up and have a lemonade at the club house and spot kangaroos from there.
9. Gisborne Olde Time Market: Time your visit with the first Sunday of the month and peruse all the goodies at the local market.
10. Mini train rides: Except for during the winter months, Gisborne Vintage Machinery Society in New Gisborne is open on the first Sunday of the month for mini train rides. They also have a tram your child can check out and a shed full of model trains. We know your little train enthusiast will love this. Remember to take your Macedon Ranges Mumma keyring so you can enjoy a free coffee while the kids play.
What’s your favourite thing to do in Gisborne? Let us know.