Whether you call Gisborne home or a planning a visit, check out these ten ideas for family fun in this friendly township.
1. Gisborne Botanical Gardens: Pack the pram, bikes or scooters and take the pretty path over the bridge, along the creek and past the park for some fresh air fun.
2. Gisborne Adventure Playground: There is something at this park for children of any age. Whether you have a kick of the footy or soccer ball, play on the swings and slides or take the littlies into the gated area, it is loads of fun. There are tables for picnics or lush grass to sit on if you prefer.
3. Gis Donuts: Grab an icecream or a donut from Gis Donuts in the Gisborne Village Shopping Centre for morning or afternoon tea. They do great coffee too!
4. Pop Gaming: Head to the new game arcade in the same complex for some family fun.
5. Gisborne Skate Park: You may like to bike, walk or scoot from the Botanical Gardens to the skate park or simply drive straight there. Kids of all ages will love trying their hand at the different ramps and jumps.
6. Gisborne Library: Visit for storytime or one of their special upcoming events. Follow Gisborne Library on Facebook to keep up to date with what’s on. Regardless, it is still a lovely place to peruse the titles and maybe read a picture book in the sun in the outdoor area.
7. 3 Little Pigs: Have a lunch at the fave cafe of Gisborne families. There is a kids’ play pen or they can do some colouring in and delicious food for young and old alike.
8. Myths and Legends: A few doors up is Myths and Legends (aka ‘The Fairy Shop’ for many) which is a beautiful store full of magical treasures to browse.
9. Gisborne Golf Club: Book in a Kangaroo Tour or just head up and have a lemonade at the club house and spot kangaroos from there.
What’s your favourite thing to do in Gisborne? Let us know.