Who has time to make a treasure hunt? Not many of us, particularly if we are working from home and doing all the usual jazz. I was making one for my kids anyway so thought I would share the love. There are ten indoor clues and ten outdoor clues. If you don’t have the places referred to in the clues, (for example, a trampoline or veggie patch, simply leave out those clues).
This is a fairly easy set of clues for younger kids but older children still might enjoy doing it. Simply cut and paste them into a document and print and cut them out. You’ll have to draw your own treasure map for the final clue but make it as easy or difficult as you like. An X that marks the spot never goes astray either. I hope your family enjoys following the clues and finding the treasure.
Treasure Hunt Clues
- I can be written with two letters, people watch love to watch me
You’ll find your next clue behind the good old __ __.
- This is pressed so people don’t have to yell.
The next clue, ‘Ding Dong!’, is by the __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __..
- Read carefully because by hook or by crook,
The next clue is folded into your favourite __ __ __ __.
- Don’t fall asleep after what I have said,
The next clue is hiding somewhere on a __ __ __.
- I always keep my cool, unless the power goes out later.
The clue is with the milk in the __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __.
- The apples and bananas are sitting here, whole.
The next clue is hiding in the family’s fruit __ __ __ __.
- Good luck finding this one, if you are able.
The clue is taped underneath a __ __ __ __ __.
- Uh oh, this one might be a slippery path.
This clue could be in bubble trouble in your __ __ __ __.
- This could be a Scrabble or bring Monopoly fame,
The next clue is hiding near the family’s __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __.
USE THIS CLUE LAST!!
- The treasure, what pleasure, has nearly been found.
Here’s a map to where it is buried underground!
(OR if you don’t want to bury treasure)
10. The treasure, what pleasure, has nearly been discovered.
Here’s a map to where it can be uncovered.
If you want to add in more clues to hide outside. Here are some more.
- You’ll jump for joy for the next clue, team,
It’s hidden somewhere near the __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __.
- Zucchini, tomatoes, herbs in a batch,
The next clue is by the __ __ __ __ __ __ patch!
- Three letters could help you to this next clue,
Where you sizzle, cook and fry, your __ __ __.
- With the wheels in motion, it’s not such a hike.
The next clue is hiding in the spokes of your __ __ __ __.
- This also has wheels, but is bigger by far.
The clue is on the driver’s side of mum or dad’s __ __ __.
- I give shelter and shade and birds also love me.
The clue can be found at the base of a __ __ __ __.
- I tell people the boundary, I hope that makes sense.
The clue is stuck, somewhere on the __ __ __ __ __.
- I can be big or small and sometimes with locks.
The clue is out front, in your __ __ __ __ __ __ box.
- I’m stomped on all day, with dirty shoes, flat chat.
The clue is hiding under your family’s door __ __ __.
- Don’t bark, squawk, meow, or wonder ‘what gives?’,
The next clue is taped where your animal lives.