Honestly, it is very hard to choose from all the amazing fresh air fun destinations but here are our top ten in the Macedon Ranges and surrounds.
1. Mount Macedon: Mount Macedon has much to offer: the iconic Memorial Cross, Camel’s Hump with its similarly stunning views and the serene Sanitorium Lake. Visit one or visit all. You will not be disappointed.
2. Hanging Rock: We had to include the magical Hanging Rock. Locals and tourists alike love to visit this awe-inspiring destination in the heart of the Macedon Ranges.
3. Black Hill Reserve: Black Hill Reserve in Kyneton has a series of tracks through the wilderness with the opportunity to see amazing local flora and fauna. We love the Circuit Track for an easy family-friendly walk, and the Ridge Track for spectacular views and a chance to climb amazing rocks.
4. Conglomerate Gully Walking Track: This is Riddells Creek’s best kept secret. Take the circuit walk through the bush and enjoy the change of the landscape and maybe even spot some wildlife.
5. Lake Daylesford: Whether you walk around the lake or simply pick a spot and enjoy the view, it should be on your list when in Daylesford. A blog is coming soon for this special spot.
6. Trentham Falls: It’s only a short walk from the carpark to view these magnificent falls. They are definitely worth the drive and spectacular in any weather.
7. Turpin Falls: Hidden beneath the road level in Langley are these beautiful falls. They are unlike any other waterfall you have ever seen. Don’t miss stepping down into this serene spot.
8. Domino Trail: This stunning track follows the old railway line through the forest between Trentham and Lyonsville. A blog is coming soon on this hidden gem.
9. Stanley Park Waterfall: At the base of Mount Macedon is a short walk down to this lovely waterfall. It’s a great walk for young kids and there is a playground nearby too.
10. Firth Park: Get away from it all at Firth Park. You can camp there or go for a day trip. Take the bikes along for a ride, walk or try your hand at yabbying.
Which is your favourite fresh air fun destination in our shire?