School holidays are nearly upon us again and whilst things are not completely back to normal after the pandemic, we are getting there. Here are 10 ideas for these Autumn school hols in the Macedon Ranges. Click the subheadings for more information. For the majority of set events you will need to book a place, so book early to avoid disappointment.
- Parklands Animal Farm: On Monday 12 April the farm is open from 10 am to 1 pm. Choose from pony rides ($10), an introduction to riding and mini trail ride ($20), or feeding farm animals ($5 per child). Macedon Ranges Mumma keyring holders receive free animal farm entry for one child. Bookings are essential (via their Facebook page) and for an hourly time slot.
- Goldfields Libraries Activities: Our libraries have a range of amazing activities. From Cheeky Chicken Chase, sketching Wombats with a published illustrator, and crafting Worry Dolls, to cooking and origami. Book your spot to avoid disappointment.
- Autumn Festival: The festival is from 27 March until 26 April with plenty of family friendly events like: Camping at the Rock, Forest Glade open garden, afternoon of food and music at Hunter Gatherer Winery, and 5 Autumn Village Street Parties across the Ranges.
- The Old Auction House Activities: In conjunction with Leadlight by Ettore and Kyneton Kraftery, the Old Auction House is offering a range of classes, including: clay, mosaic, eco printing, carving your own stamps and more.
- Kyneton Toyota Sports and Aquatic Centre and Gisborne Aquatic Centre Inflatable Fun: Inflatable fun is back for the school holidays at the pool. Enjoy a swim and a play at the same time.
- Craft Eco-Activism at the Kyneton Town Hall: On Tuesday 13 April, Craft Eco-Activism will have your kids collaborating with others on a craft with an environmental theme.
- Pilates Class: Book the kids in for Pilates and Play, and Barre and Pilates class at Pilates Plus in Gisborne. There is nothing better than getting them moving as the weather starts to get cooler. Even better when it is fun too!
- School’s Out Holiday Program: Schools’s Out have host of holiday programs for kids. Book them in for a fun excursion on your work day.
- Fresh Air Fun Destinations: We have reviewed many amazing local walks and landmarks. From mountains and rocks to waterfalls and watering holes, we have you covered for your local Fresh Air Fun.
- Amazing Playgrounds: We are spoilt with first class playgrounds in the Ranges and surrounds. Kyneton, Taradale, Gisborne, Woodend, Riddell, Romsey and many more, offer lush grassy areas, flying foxes, ropes courses, climbing frames and multi-directional swings.
One thought on “10 Autumn School Holiday Ideas in the Macedon Ranges”